Last Updated: 7/10/2013
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
1.1 Registration, Features, Functions and Communications. You may choose to provide certain Information to us when you use the Application. This may be in connection with the features and functionality of the Application, including, but not limited to, registration features, personal profiles, communication and networking features, subscriptions, purchases and other functionality, which may include your email address, legal name, telephone number(s), physical address, payment card information, etc. In addition, you may be presented with the opportunity to sign up to receive additional newsletters, email communications, or other communications from us in order for us to provide up-to-date information about the Application, and to publicize and promote certain content, products and services offered by us or our business partners. When there is a separate sign-up for newsletters, we may ask for your contact information such as name and email address, and, sometimes, demographic and profile information.
This Application may also use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, "Third Party Advertising Service Providers") to, for example, serve advertisements on the Application, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on or in connection with the Application. Such services may enable us to display advertisements based on your use of the Application and other websites, services and platforms you have used or visited. Targeting services enable us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to you for products and services that you might be interested in, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
You may have the ability to set certain privacy options that limit the provision of certain Information, such as geolocation information, whether by responding to request alerts or notifications that may be presented to you on your device prior to the collection of the relevant information or by navigating to the settings section of your device and limiting certain Application functionality (e.g., location services, etc.). Please be aware that that if you limit the collection of certain Information, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Application.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
2.1 We may use your Personal Information for many purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing any services or products that you request or purchase in connection with the Application;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Application;
- Sending you marketing and promotional e-mails and correspondence;
- Allowing you to participate in the support and other features of the Application;
- Responding to your questions or other requests;
- Tailoring your experience with the Application and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you use the Application;
- Saving your registration and profile data or other Personal Information (so you are not required to have to re-enter it each time you use the Application);
- Providing you with a products and services of enhanced value to you;
- Marketing and promoting the Application, including promotions and other initiatives and activities;
- Where you order goods or services, performing credit checking where relevant. Please note that when a credit reference agency receives a search from us they will place a footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other organizations;
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or infringement of our or any third party's rights;
- Tracking your use of the Application;
- To comply with legal obligations or legal process; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with the Personal Information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the product and/or service requested.
2.2 In addition, we may use the Additional Information for many purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, business partners, etc.;
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Application and user activity;
- Determining which features, functionality and services of the Application users like best to help us operate the Application, enhance and improve the Application and display advertising and marketing information;
- Saving certain Additional Information for your ongoing use of the Application;
- For the uses described for "Personal Information" above; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with the Additional Information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the service requested.
3. OPTING-OUT OF CERTAIN USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
3.1 Marketing and Promotional Communications. At times, you may receive certain marketing and promotional communications from us and others that we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe to such communications by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or you may "opt-out" of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from us at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your privacy request. Please note that "opt-out" and "unsubscribe" requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any Information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt out or unsubscribe cannot be retrieved or rescinded by us unless required by applicable law, and you cannot retroactively opt out or unsubscribe with respect to such third parties. Further, also please note that in order to keep you informed about the operation of the Application, we may always send you emails, notifications and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of the Application, including, without limitation, for the purposes described in Article 2 above, in connection with your use thereof. We may also have features that allow you to submit information, questions or feedback to us. In those instances, we may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us and our service providers serve you better.
3.2 Other Uses. Please see Article 5 below in relation to the withdrawal of consent for other uses.
4. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
4.2 Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information and any other information to third parties and affiliates for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Application, and other features, functions and operations in connection therewith. We will refer to these parties in this context as "Application service providers". We use Application service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we disclose your Information to Application service providers for the purpose of providing services to us and our affiliates. These Application service providers may temporarily store certain information on their servers, but may only use your Personal Information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose and agree to keep such Personal Information secure and confidential.
6. SECURITYWhile no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We request that our third party contractors and Application service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality. However, regardless of our efforts and the device you use to access the Application, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options such as your right to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as "unsubscribe") with respect to use of your Personal Information by third parties for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your Personal Information for marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to our Privacy Administrator at email@example.com.
All requests must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the email subject line. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to "Your California Privacy Rights", include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone, postal mail or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
8. LINKS, INTEGRATION AND INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTIES
11. International USAGE
13. SOLE STATEMENT